Until recently it was believed that the club was formed in 1896. There is now firm evedence that the club was in existance in 1893 and a cutting from The Argus suggests that football was played in the town as early as 1891.
The early years were at Selbourne Terrace together with the cricket club. This continued when both clubs moved to The Sportsfield. The colours were dark green and they played cricket in the summer to keep together. In 1911 the colours changed to blue and in 1931 to white, it was not until 1953 that Gold became the main colour.
The suddex County League was joined in 1928 and the club remained in Division One for sixty seven years. The first match in the new league was won 5-1 against Haywards Heath.
The never to be forgotten season came in 1991 when Golds reached The First Round proper of The FA Cup. Northampton Town were the visitors in front of 4,000 fans. A draw at at Peacehaven & Telscombe clinched The County League Championship. The same season Golds reached The Semi Final of The FA Vase, this was also achieved by Whitehawk in 2011/12
The Club have won many honours over the years including The Sussex Senior Cup. They have moved between Division One and Division Two several times. In season 2012/13 the won Division Two by twelve points to return to Division One once more.
This feature is currently in development but will be available soon.