Until recently it was believed that the club was formed in 1896. There is now firm evidence that the club was in existence in 1893 and a cutting from The Argus local newspaper suggests that football was played in the town as early as 1891.
The early years were at Selbourne Terrace together with the cricket club. This continued when both clubs moved to The Sportsfield. The colours were dark green and they played cricket in the summer to keep together. In 1911 the colours changed to blue and in 1931 to white, it was not until 1953 that Gold became the main colour.
The suddex County League was joined in 1928 and the club remained in Division One for sixty seven years. The first match in the new league was won 5-1 against Haywards Heath.
The never to be forgotten season came in 1991 when Golds reached The First Round proper of The FA Cup. Northampton Town were the visitors in front of 4,000 fans. A draw at at Peacehaven & Telscombe clinched The County League Championship. The same season Golds reached The Semi Final of The FA Vase, to date the only Sussex club to achieve this.
The club recently announced a corporate partnership with Discovery, a London based personal training courses company, in which members of the club’s coaching staff will receive discounts on Discovery training courses that will train them in how to coach and develop sporting performance.
The Club has won numerous honors over the years and have now expanded to 14 teams both male and female starting from age 8.